Daniel is home for the last day today. Tomorrow, I am on my own. Ray is 9 days today, so tomorrow, on day 10, I will be a single mommy of three … count ‘em … three. We’ll see how it goes.
My little sister, Christina, keeps telling me to post more pictures of Ray. I feel like I’ve done a lot already, but here are a few more from today.
– he loves to fall asleep on our chest, it’s his favorite position by far.
– he hates to sleep flat on his back.
– he doesn’t cry very often. Mostly when we change his diaper. He hates diaper changes.
– He’s a little jumpy in his sleep. He twitches at any sound, it’s cute and sad at the same time.
– he smiles a lot. Usually when he’s sleeping, but sometimes when he’s awake too.
– the past few nights he has slept for a good 4 hour stretch and has to be woken up to eat. I wake up before he does, when my milk comes in, and make Daniel wake him up to eat.
That’s it so far.
As for me – I live by the clock and generally only pay attention to input and output. That’s my main concern these days. What goes into my body and Ray’s and what comes out of our bodies and how many times that all happens throughout the day. I time feedings, time how long in between feedings, keep a tally of wet and poopy diapers (yes, I have a paper on the changing table with tally marks, because I forget everything these days), I try and keep track of how much water I’m drinking and if I’ve eaten 3 square meals a day. I am in the business of input and output.
I have lived in a world of pain for about a week now and things are starting to be less painful … not much, but compared to 7 days ago, less painful. And if you ask what hurts? … everything. I ache the most in my private parts. All of my private parts. But I also woke up yesterday morning and had a kink in my neck and now I can’t turn my head all the way to the left. I woke up at 5 am with an ache right in the center of my back. I don’t know why. My shoulders ache, my neck aches, my back aches, and all of my privates. And that’s where I’m at these days.
All in all, I can’t complain. I have a healthy, beautiful little man who sleeps for 3-4 hour stretches at night and doesn’t cry much. I have friends bringing meals and watching my kids for me. I also have Daniel …. albeit for one more day, then he’s gone to work again, but for the rest of the day, I have him. I am blessed.